NATO of WISCONSIN & UPPER MICHIGAN
W168 N8936 Appleton Ave.
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
2013 NATO SCHOLARSHIP INSTRUCTIONS & GUIDELINES
Thank you for your interest in the 2013 NATO of Wisconsin & Upper Michigan Scholarship. This year’s application process is being done entirely via the social networking website, Facebook. To be eligible, you must create a Facebook page to promote yourself and express why you should be selected as a 2013 NATO Scholarship recipient. Candidates should show creativity, leadership skills, and an active involvement within their theaters, schools, and communities. Please have fun with this project. We encourage you to obtain as many 'friends' and post as many comments, pictures, videos, links, songs, etc… as possible to support your application.
1. This program is open to seniors in high school and postgraduate students employed by member theaters. In addition, children of employees who meet the same requirements are eligible. Past winners are not eligible.
2. Please create a new Facebook profile. This profile should be NATO Scholarship-specific and separate from your personal profile. To do this you may need to create a new email account. You can do this for free via Google, Yahoo or Hotmail. As long as your profile is new and separate from your own personal Facebook profile (if you have one) it will be acceptable.
3. We have created a special Facebook profile with the name “Nato Wiup”. Find us with a Facebook search for “Nato Wiup” and add us as a friend. Under Privacy settings, be sure to allow access to “Nato Wiup”. Upon the launch of your new Facebook page, send “Nato Wiup” a message telling us you would like to apply for our scholarship along with the following information: your full name, city, school and theater of employment.
4. Once you have created your profile, customize it to express who you are and what your interests are. Use the “About Me” and “Interests” sections of your profile to creatively show your leadership skills and an active involvement within your theater, school, and community. You are also encouraged to list other interesting things such as favorite movies, quotes, actors, authors, recording artists, whether you support Team Jacob/Team Edward, etc. Think of this profile as a marketing tool and you’re selling yourself as an applicant! Maybe post a video you have created or use a photo gallery to depict your career goals? Perhaps write a poem on the wall? There are no limitations, but whatever you do, be creative!
5. Make your profile picture a headshot you feel comfortable with NATO using in press releases, maybe a senior picture?
6. Feel free to encourage your friends to write on your “wall” endorsing you as a candidate in fun and creative ways.
7. Please continue to make additions and update your page as often as you would like. This will allow you the opportunity to keep us posted on new and interesting accomplishments as you feel necessary. All page viewing and judging will take place by the scholarship committee beginning March 18, 2013 with winners selected by April 12, 2013 and announced by April 30, 2013. Every applicant will be contacted with their results via email. It will not be posted on our Facebook page.
8. Please provide us with a hard copy of your school transcripts (unofficial is acceptable) and a letter of recommendation from your theater manager on company letterhead. Please ensure that these documents are received in the NATO office no later than March 18, 2013. Email or fax transmission of these materials will not be accepted. Your application WILL NOT be complete without these documents, regardless of whether or not your Facebook page is complete. They must be mailed to the following address:
NATO of WI/UP
Attn: Carol Brown
W168 N8936 Appleton Avenue
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
9. All scholarship funds will be applied to the 2013-2014 academic year and made payable directly to the winning recipient's school. If schooling is delayed or canceled for any reason, the scholarship will be forfeited.
10. Any additional questions or concerns may be directed to Carol Brown at our scholarship headquarters:
Phone: 262.532.0017 or Email: email@example.com
11. Good Luck!